- 1 1/2 lbs. lean ground beef
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 T. dried onion (or 1/4 c. fresh)
- Fresh cracked black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp. onion powder
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. mustard powder
- 1 (6 oz.) can tomato paste + 1 can water
- 2 T. honey
- 1/2 c. Dorothy Lynch Salad Dressing
- 1 1/2 T. Worcestershire Sauce
- For Serving: 6-8 hamburger buns
- Dill pickle slices and American cheese slices (optional)
- Combine ground beef, garlic, onion, salt and pepper in a dutch oven. Brown until cooked through. Add in: onion powder, garlic powder, mustard powder, tomato paste and water, honey, Dorothy Lynch, and Worcestershire sauce. Stir to combine.
- Turn down to low. Simmer 30 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Serve on hamburger buns, with slices of American cheese and pickles if desired. Always with potato chips!
To adapt this recipe for a crock pot: Brown hamburger with onion, garlic and salt and pepper. Add the meat and the rest of the ingredients (with the exception of buns, cheese and pickles) to your slow cooker. Stir and cook on low for 5-6 hours. Enjoy on buns with cheese and pickles. (Don't forget the potato chips!)